Mold is that unwelcome visitor that follows the caulking around showers and bathtubs. It hides in tight, small spaces and grows with destructive force that weakens and contaminates whatever it touches. It fills the air with invisible living particles that can leave you wheezing. Mold is a hungry enemy.
While most know that mold is not good, it is easy to ignore it until it is difficult to impossible to remove by any simple procedure. Mold is also the basis of a number of significant health concerns. While mold is airborne in virtually every home, in most instances the mold spores are in a low quantity and aren't harmful. Only when they find a good growing environment in your house, will they begin their destructive work. As soon as you see evidence of mold in your home you have a much higher possibility for airborne mold in your house.
Take the visible black mold filling crevices of a window sill for example. The black lines you see don’t prevent the spores from breaking off and taking flight. Since you can’t see them, you don’t realize what danger lurks. There are 100,000 types of mold, all of them potentially harmful.
Mold is especially harmful to anyone with asthma. Invisible airborne mold spores may increase asthma without warning. Symptoms likely include wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing and eventually chest tightness can occur. Children and older individuals tend to be more adversely affected, but all of us will pay a price when exposed to mold.
Additionally, some molds trigger allergic reactions in some individuals. Common symptoms include skin rashes, skin puffiness, and breathing difficulties. Mold allergies are particularly harmful when a home owner has already experienced allergic reactions to other things. For example if you're allergic to budding trees in the spring and you have mold in your home; the health impact will be substantially worse.
Chronic exposure to mold can also increase sinus infections, and can make those infections more difficult to eliminate. Additionally, anyone with a compromised immune system from HIV, chemotherapy, or diseases such as MS; may find their symptoms are worse with continued mold exposure.
In the same way that mold affects every person in the house, it also affects pets. You may unwittingly expose your cats and dogs to the same symptoms. While household pets experience all of the negative symptoms that humans do, the difference is that they are unable to complain. They may have more trouble breathing, scratch more frequently or even experience nosebleeds.
Mold must be treated with a correct plan and follow-through. For example, when Service Team of Professionals (S.T.O.P.) addresses a mold problem; we treat the mold with proper protocol. We put up containment barriers so that when we’re working in an area, we’re not spreading mold throughout the rest of your house. Additionally, we use air scrubbers to clean the mold out of the air in areas where we work. If we did not take these steps, we could clean out one area while creating more problems in another area as the nearly invisible mold spores take to the air. This would create a larger, long-term problem for homeowner.
Mold is a silent enemy of the home. In most instances a homeowner may not have training or equipment to properly eliminate mold. That’s why you call Service Team of Professionals in Coeur d’Alene. We will evaluate and treat your home. We understand that every situation is different. Our experience has taught us that one treatment plan does not address every problem. We will make a custom treatment plan that will effectively eliminate mold from your house.
If you suspect a mold issue in your home, call Service Team of Professionals in Coeur d’Alene. Say yes to S.T.O.P. mold.
There is no denying the fact that every homeowner detests leaky water pipes, overflowing toilets, or anything that can cause flooding and water damage to their ...Read More