Mold is a naturally occurring substance and organism. It is one of the ‘movers’ of the natural world which plays an immense role in the processes of decay and decomposition which are vital for the circle of life.
However, that does not mean that you allow mold to grow in your house. Mold can be a minor inconvenience at best and a serious health hazard at worst. It can serve to harm you and generally, hurt or disadvantage you in a number of ways. Unlike the molds and cultures used in the food industry, the naturally-occurring mold in the house is not healthy or safe.
This is why any mold growth should be promptly cleaned by contacting your nearest one-stop restoration shop. Here are some ways in which mold can harm you and other residents of your house.
Mold is to pollen in allergy season. Mold growths give off tiny spores which are irritant particulate and can trigger allergic reactions in people.
What makes this worse than pollen is that it is not temporary and will persist as long as the mold growth is present. Secondly, since it is a microorganism, it can be much more harmful than pollen and give rise to other health issues and risks. Either way, it is not something which should be ignored.
If mold is not treated for a long period of time, or if small children are exposed to it, then it can give rise to asthma or aggravate the condition for asthmatics. This is because the main agents of mold are microscopic spores which can irritate and harm air pathways in the throat, nose, and lungs.
Asthmatic aggravation is not something to be taken lightly and can lead to an increase in incidents where inhaler is required to avoid serious health emergencies.
Mold is a type of fungus or fungal growth. Living in an environment with mold or mold growths which are not cleaned or cleared can rapidly give way to increased chances of fungal infections and diseases. It is important to understand that fungal infections are no joke and can cause serious harm, particularly to the immune-compromised.
All molds give off mycotoxins which are inherently toxic and dangerous for living beings like humans and animals.
In mild or small quantities they do not pose a risk but heavy inhalation or sustained inhalation over a long period of time can cause serious toxicity and eventually lead to death. It is not a threat which is to be taken lightly since apart from death, they can cause a host of other issues like various neurological problems and neurological degradation.
Living with mold can be seen as practically inviting calamity upon your own house and body. It is not a sensible or healthy decision as mold has many harmful effects. If you catch signs of mold growth in your home then call Service Team of Professionals (STOP) MESA at 480-818-1440 today. Our team of professionals ensures quality and satisfaction. We will eliminate mold so it does not come back for a long time!
Have you recently experienced a fire accident at your workplace? Here are some of the most common causes of commercial fires. There are so many things ...Read More
Are you faced with water damage in your home, but haven’t found the right restoration company? The following tips will help you. Water damage doesn’t only ...Read More