House fires are more common than most of us imagine them to be. It is common to hear about fire incidents or see them on the television. You may be surprised to know that calls to put out house fires are some of the most common dispatches for fire response units.
A fire incident is just about the worst thing that could happen to anyone. This is because, in just a matter of minutes, a small flame caught onto the curtain can turn into a raging inferno which can soon spread throughout your house and bring it down. Furthermore, apart from damaging your property, it can also be life-threatening.
Here are some of the most common fire hazards which are present in our houses:
Whether you keep it for those romantic candle light dinners or simply as a backup in case of a power outage, we can all find a candle or two in our house.
While they look and smell really good, the reality is that candles are one of the most common reasons behind house fires. All it takes is a little negligence on your part. This is why whenever you light a candle, make sure you keep it away from curtains, cushions and any other article that might catch fire.
Faulty wiring of electrical appliances, like exposed or twisted wires, can also lead to fire incidents. Problems with wiring should never be taken lightly. Also, you should never attempt to solve them on your own. If you cannot afford to repair the faulty wires in your immediately, then it is advisable to turn off the power access for the wire.
Electrical appliances, especially appliances which produce heat, like microwaves, toasters, ovens and irons should never be left unattended even for 5 minutes. Electronic appliances like toasters and ovens can catch fires if they are faulty and are a very serious fire hazard which can cause significant injury.
Believe it or not, pest infestations like fire ants and mice and rats are also fire hazards. This is because these animals can get into the house’s wiring systems and gnaw through them or chew on appliance wiring.
This can expose the wires and damage them, increasing the chance of sparking which leads to fire. You may be able to notice this problem if it is restricted to appliances but if they chew through internal wiring then it is impossible to detect it until some serious problem occurs.
If you are concerned about such fire hazards and want to fireproof your home to protect it then call Service Team of Professionals (STOP) MESA at 480-818-1440 today. Our team of professionals has experience in preventing, controlling, and repairing smoke and fire damage.
Giving us a call means ensuring your own safety so pick up the phone now and turn your house into the safe haven that it’s supposed to be!
Have you recently experienced a fire accident at your workplace? Here are some of the most common causes of commercial fires. There are so many things ...Read More
Are you aware of the symptoms of coronavirus and ways to prevent it? Coronavirus isn’t just a single virus— it is a family of many small viruses. Two of the ...Read More