How often should I clean my air ducts?
According to the National AD Cleaners Association, homeowners should have their ducts cleaned every three to five years, but the timing really depends on the area in which you live. I live in Port St Lucie FL and use my AC way more than many of the other regions, so duct cleaning is high on the priority list. If you have a member in your household that has respiratory problems like asthma. When you have dirt and dust in your air ducts it provides a protein for mold, bacteria and viruses to grow that will affect the daily air you are breathing. We spend up to 90% of our time in our homes so clean air is always important.
Studies show that a large percentage of mold spores, bacteria and my toxin levels in homes increase because of dirty air ducts. This is because much of the dirt passing through adheres to the duct surfaces and does not necessarily enter the living space. The cold air will create condensation which in return will start the mold growth from the protein in the dust, hair and dirt.
6 Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning
- When you smell the musty odor of mold. While we all know how dust can negatively affect our health, mold is a whole different ballgame!
- You consistently see dust no matter how often you clean.
- Your ducts can get infested with rodents and insects. This issue will may be a sign for duct replacement.
- Any time your home goes through any major reconstruction the sheetrock dust will always get into your ducts and stick to them.
- If you see round mold colonies start to grow on your vents and dust is gathering on your vents.
- If someone is getting sick more often than normal, experiencing coughing, sneezing, sore throats, runny noses, runny eyes, headaches, and fevers, they may have upper respiratory infections.
How much does it cost to clean your ducts?
Service Team of Professionals charges $25 per duct. This includes a crew of 2 that will remove, soak and clean each register, along with cleaning the ductwork with a roto brush. We will then fog the entire system through the return with an antimicrobial. Feel free to give us a call at 772-233-9089
Port St. Lucie Mold Remediation Services | STOP Restoration