Sewage Removal & Cleanup in Port St. Lucie
Sewage Damage Restoration Company Serving Okeechobee, St. Lucie, Martin, & Palm Beach Counties
If you are facing a sewage emergency, our restoration experts at STOP Restoration of Port St. Lucie can help. The health dangers posed by sewer backups can be extremely serious. Getting the mess taken care of quickly and thoroughly is of fundamental importance.
STOP Restoration provides 24/7 sewage cleanup services in Port St. Lucie and surrounding regions. Our team will be on the scene promptly and begin assessing the situation immediately. We will provide a comprehensive cleanup strategy that will help your family to get back on their feet as soon as possible.
Get in touch with our sewage damage experts by calling (772) 266-5428 today.
Causes of Sewer Backups
Sewer Line Damage from Tree Roots
If tree roots grow unhindered in sewer pipes, they can eventually destroy an entire sewer system. Regular inspections or cleaning is important for homes with trees on their property.
Cracking or Collapsing Sewer Line
A sewer line eventually needs to be replaced. The effects of deterioration will eventually result in a sewer line breaking up or collapsing.
Severe sewer clogs can lead to sewage backups in the home. Regular cleaning can help prevent backups from clogging.
Overflow from Sump Pumps & Gutters
If your sump pump or gutter system diverts water into your sewer, you may be at risk of causing a sewage backup during heavy rain. Most sewer lines are not designed to handle excess water from rainwater.
Danger & Damage from Sewage Backups in Port St. Lucie
Raw sewage can cause incredible amounts of harm. Below is a list of major reasons why sewage is dangerous and why it should be handled with care and speed.
- Sewage is dangerous for personal health because it can spread bacteria, viruses, and parasites onto any surface it touches.
- Breathing in the fumes from sewage is dangerous. Sewer gas contains toxic substances like methane and ammonia as well as the rotten egg smell from hydrogen sulfide.
- Sewage will quickly stain, discolor, and tarnish furniture, drywall, wood and metal.
- Backups can cause structural damage to subflooring, drywall, floors, and ductwork.
- Backups will damage personal belongings: furniture, electronics, documents, photographs, etc.
- Backups can damage appliances: washing machines refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.
For fast responses from our sewage removal team, schedule a visit or call (772) 266-5428.