Restoration, Extraction & Drying for Water & Flood Disasters
The number one factor in preventing further damage to a home or building after a water disaster is timing. Speed is essential. Our water damage restoration experts in Port St. Lucie can be on the scene quickly to begin protecting, salvaging, and restoring your home or commercial space.
Our job as a water mitigation company is to:
- Remove all of the moisture from your home so mold doesn’t grow
- Do so as cost-effectively as possible so there are no issues with your insurance claim
- Work with your insurer to settle the claim quickly
In other words, we help you avoid the 3 nightmare scenarios that typically play out if you try the water removal process on your own.
After arriving, our team will quickly set up our professional grade extraction equipment in order to minimize damage to your property. Equipment includes submersible pumps, wet vacuums, and specially designed extractors for different purposes.
For a water restoration team you can trust to act fast, contact us at (772) 266-5428 today.
Preventing Further Water Damage
The goal of the extraction and drying process is to prevent as much damage as possible. Some of the conditions that can be caused by water damage include:
- Wood Rot
- Mold Growth
- Foundation Damage
- Drywall Damage
- Carpet Damage
Our Process for Flood Damage Cleanup in Port St. Lucie
There are several stages to the flood damage restoration process.
- Identifying Source: If water is still entering the building, the first step is to find out where it is coming from.
- Eliminating Source: The next step is to repair whatever is bringing water in, whether it be a broken pipe, damaged appliance, or some other cause.
- Extracting Water: A number one priority is getting water out of the building as quickly as possible. Minutes count with water damage.
- Drying & Dehumidifying: After water is physically removed, it is still present in fabrics, wood, and materials. Our team will use industrial grade machinery to speed up the drying process.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: It is necessary to determine whether personal possessions are contaminated or salvageable.
- Restoration & Rebuilding: Rebuilding and replacing will be necessary depending on the state of things like carpet, drywall, the foundation and other facets of the property.
Our goal is to provide superior customer service that will deliver the best possible end result. Getting your property restored as quickly as possible is always our priority.
Why Hire a Professional Water Mitigation Company?
A lot of people assume that water mitigation is a DIY project. However, there are many crucial steps that require professional expertise to accomplish correctly.
Fully Tracking Down Water Progression
The presence and progression of moisture needs to be tracked carefully using professional moisture detection systems. Water can quickly move into hard to reach places like behind walls, up into walls, into crawlspaces, into the subfloor, or behind cabinets.
Drying Has to be Done Quickly
Black mold growth starts sometime between 48 and 72 hours after moisture is present. Fast drying systems that eliminate water completely are vital.
Over Drying Needs to be Avoided
Every surface in your home has some moisture in it. That moisture is needed to maintain the qualities and aesthetics of those items. When we dry homes, the goal is its dry standard. Each surface needs to be returned to the same moisture readings it had before it got wet. If surfaces and possessions are over dried, they have to be removed and replaced. Daily moisture readings are essential.
Secondary Water Damage Is Possible
If water is "removed" by mere evaporation, then it will simply travel to another area of the home, find new surfaces, and begin to cause secondary damage. Using dehumidifying equipment is necessary to trap moisture so that it does not simply evaporate.
Water damage Projects Lead to Mold Damage Projects
A massive percent (up to 80%) of our mold remediation projects begin after improper and insufficient drying and mitigation by an owner or an unlicensed company. The mold problem usually starts behind cabinets, carpet or baseboards.
The financial losses from failing to deal with water damage the first time can be 3x the cost (worse case scenarios reach 10x). Your safest bet is to call a professional water damage company so they can assess your situation.
To schedule a service or get in touch, contact our Port St. Lucie water damage professionals (772) 266-5428.