Cincinnati Mold Removal Services
Mold Inspections & Removal for Homes & Businesses
Make no mistake: Mold is not only an eyesore, but it can make you sick while it also causes destruction from inside-out your property. Mold infestations require quick responses from professional mold removal experts – this is no time for an online crash course to attempt a DIY cleanup job. Service Team of Professionals knows how to tackle mold inspections, remediation, and removal. Our expert technicians know how to work around a mold problem as quickly and safely as possible, and we’re only a phone call away. We even offer free estimates, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out for a consultation.
Located in Cincinnati and Need Mold Inspection Services? Contact STOP Restoration Services of Cincinnati OH today!
Professional Mold Removal & Cleanup in Cincinnati
When STOP arrives on the scene of a mold-contaminated property, our expert technicians follow stringent protocols to eliminate mold. While this is likely your first brush with a mold infestation, our team has seen many residences and commercial businesses impacted by mold and we know how to contain it and eliminate it so you can go back to life as usual without worrying about the structural integrity of your property or the health of those who live or work there.
When we arrive on the scene mere hours after you give us a call, we make quick work of inspecting the damage. We take the following steps for thorough mold assessment and removal:
- Containment of the Affected Area: Upon inspection of mold damage, our STOP team will work expeditiously to limit the spread of mold spores throughout your building to minimize the exposure to building occupants. The larger the infestation, the greater the possibility someone has been or will be exposed to toxic mold, and the greater the need for containment.
- Monitoring Air Flow: As mold spores become airborne, they can be inhaled and get trapped into your lungs and then cause damage to your immune system. Our team will monitor the air flow to determine how to stop the spread of mold spores.
- Identifying Sources of Moisture: Mold thrives in dark, warm, humid areas. In fact, it doesn’t take that much for mold to proliferate. It reproduces where it can find moisture, oxygen, and organic matter, using these as sources as food to reproduce and multiply. Our team will work to identify these so we can move on to the next step of mold removal.
- Addressing the Underlying Moisture Problem: There’s no getting around it: mold likes moisture. Period. It thrives in moist, humid areas, and no type of mold will grow without a water source. That’s why it’s important to dry out the underlying moisture problem and address any water damage, or the mold problem will continue to perpetuate again and again. We will properly ventilate the area to keep it dry and prevent the mold from recurring.
- Using Sanitizers and Biocides: Mold is very tricky to kill without effective sanitization cleaning chemicals. The STOP team works with sanitizer and biocide chemicals to rinse and wipe away mold after lingering moisture has been dried out. A biocide is a chemical used to destroy harmful mold fungi.
- Disinfecting Surfaces: Our technicians use EPA-registered mold disinfectants to kill mold spores at their roots to prevent them from recurring again and again by wiping down surfaces and creating an invisible barrier protecting them from the harmful effects of mold that could damage the structure of your property. These chemicals repel water, fight against stains, and protect against odor-causing bacteria.
- Using Encapsulants: Finally, mold sealant will be applied to all surfaces to prevent any mold from reappearing or spreading, especially for materials like wood, drywall, tiles, and ceilings, as these areas are typically difficult or impossible to remove and replace during mold remediation efforts.
Dangers of Living with Mold
Mold is an invasive fungus, and although it occurs naturally and plays an important role in our ecosystem, that doesn’t make it harmless. When it moves indoors where we live, it becomes a dastardly foe that poses a serious health hazard to human life without prompt intervention. Quickly, mold will grow, and unchecked, it potentially causes eye and skin irritation, breathing difficulties, and allergic reactions. It can even be lethal to those with specific health problems, such as asthma or if they are severely immunocompromised.
Common Places Mold Grows in Your Home
The truth is, mold could grow anywhere in your home, and any building has the key “ingredients” necessary for a mold outbreak: oxygen, warmth, moisture, and darkness. But there are key areas where mold is most likely to grow that you should keep an eye out for: Check for mold in warm, wet areas like your bathroom, especially if it lacks proper ventilation. Also check for mold in your kitchen, in the back of the fridge, or where your dishes pile up in the sink. Look for mold in your HVAC system, particularly the vents. Keep an eye out for stagnant water and minimize it at all turns.
Why Choose Service Team of Professionals of Cincinnati for Mold Removal?
We know you have your choice of several mold removal companies in Cincinnati, so why STOP Restoration? Our locally owned and operated company is backed by a nationwide franchise that has led the disaster restoration industry for the past 4 decades. Our brand has experience in handling mold infestations. We know how to work around this musty, pungent, and let’s face it – downright gross – fungi. When mold contamination affects your property, call STOP to put a “STOP” to it, and we’re committed to complete customer satisfaction to reduce or eliminate the health risks posed by mold.
Need Mold Inspection removal in Cincinnati? Schedule a mold inspection with STOP Restoration Services of Cincinnati OH today!