Spokane Mold Removal Services
Mold Removal Near You
Black mold is extremely hazardous to your health and shouldn’t be remediated without a professional. You risk inhaling or ingesting mold, which can wreak havoc on your body. It’s best to leave mold removal and cleanup to our experts. We wear the proper gear to protect ourselves from prolonged mold exposure and use proven methods to remove airborne mold spores.
The steps our Spokane mold damage pros use for mold removal include:
- Containment of affected areas – We block off areas and contain places with live mold to keep you safe so that you’re not exposed before we have a chance to remediate it.
- Monitoring air flow – Air quality suffers greatly when mold is present. Our professionals continuously monitor indoor air quality and take steps to cleanse the air for your safety.
- Identifying sources of moisture – During our inspection, we’re not just looking for mold. We’re also looking for the source of the moisture that’s responsible for mold growth.
- Addressing the underlying moisture problem – When we find the source of the moisture that caused the mold problem, we address the issue and inform you of the resolution.
- Using sanitizers and biocides – We use sanitizers and biocides to disinfect and remove the harmful black mold to ensure the once-affected areas are safe for you and your family to enter.
- Disinfecting surfaces – Our Spokane team disinfects hard and soft surfaces near the affected areas to make sure mold doesn’t have a chance to attach to other surfaces.
- Using encapsulants – We apply a powerful sealant to hard surfaces that prevent mold from spreading and growing.
Our team provides residential and commercial mold inspections and removal services to create a healthy indoor environment. We hire the most dedicated and skilled mold damage professionals to take care of mold at the source. We follow a thorough process and use state-of-the-art equipment when you trust us to find and remove mold contamination.
The Dangers of Living with Mold
You may need a mold inspection if you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms that persist for weeks. Mold can cause symptoms to appear as soon as two hours after exposure. Unknowing and long-term mold exposure can result in more severe health problems like frequent asthma attacks, nose bleeds, and even hospitalization.
Symptoms of mold sickness include:
- Respiratory problems such as asthma, coughing, and wheezing
- Eye irritation, such as redness and itching
- Skin irritation, including rashes
- Allergy-like symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes
- Headaches or allergic reactions to mold exposure
- Fatigue and difficulty concentrating
- Memory loss or confusion
Common Places Mold Grows in Your Home
Mold loves dark, moist, and warm places, spreading throughout your home fast and unknowingly. The most important thing to remember is that mold will grow anywhere humidity levels are above 70% and there’s a moisture source nearby.
Places mold can growth within your home includes:
- Basements and cellars
- Window sills and frames
- Around air ducts and vents
- Crawl spaces
- Underneath carpets or rugs
- On walls, ceilings, doors, windows, and other surfaces with moisture or poor ventilation
- In fabric furniture that has come into contact with water or moisture
Don't let mold take over your home! Contact us online for professional mold removal services in Spokane today!"
How Long Does It Take For Mold To Grow?
Mold is a type of fungi that travels through the air in spores. These spores are invisible to the naked eye and only become a problem when they land on a wet surface. Mold can start to grow within 24-48 hours of contact with water.
Mold growth is often encouraged by high humidity levels and temperatures between 77 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Mold can cause a number of health problems, including respiratory problems, skin irritation, and headaches. Mold is also known to cause damage to buildings, as it can weaken wood and drywall.
As mold starts to grow, it releases mold spores into the air, which can then travel to other areas of the building and start the mold growth cycle all over again. In order to prevent mold growth, it is important to keep indoor humidity levels low and to quickly clean up any water damage.
Why Does Mold Grow?
Mold is a type of fungus that can cause serious allergic reactions and health hazards in humans. It grows in warm, damp places, which is why it's often found in bathrooms, basements, attics, and other areas with poor ventilation.
The causes of mold growth include:
Excess moisture in the air or on surfaces
- High humidity levels
- Areas that don’t get enough light and/or heat
- Poor ventilation
- Water damage - from flooding, natural disasters
- Leaky roofs or plumbing
- Condensation on windows, walls or other surfaces
Mold typically takes hold within 24-48 hours after moisture or water builds up on a surface or an area with poor ventilation. The humidity level, temperature, and the amount of light in the room influence how quickly mold grows.
Poor ventilation also accelerates mold growth since it allows moisture to linger on surfaces instead of dissipating.
To prevent mold growth, make sure there are no leaks around windows or plumbing fixtures and any areas with excessive moisture or humidity should be well ventilated as soon as possible.
Your Mold Inspection Experts
Mold can result from something as simple as a leaky appliance to a complex issue like burst pipes. Older and newer properties are susceptible to mold infestation, so nowhere is safe from the threat of mold. When there are high humidity and moisture levels, you have the perfect environment for mold growth. The good news is STOP Restoration Services of Spokane WA is on your side, ready to tackle mold damage and remediate mold spores. Regardless of why you have mold invading your space, our mold damage experts in Spokane are here to help.
You can count on us to provide detailed mold inspections and thorough removal at a price you can afford. We’re not satisfied until you are, so we’ll continue to assess your property until we locate the source of your mold problem and then remove it promptly. All while keeping you informed the entire time. If you want a dedicated team to exceed your expectations, give us a call today!
Most people don’t know that mold can’t be completely eradicated because it’s naturally occurring. In fact, mold plays a vital role in maintaining our ecosystem, breaking down organic materials, and enriching soil. We utilize techniques that bring mold back to normal levels so that it doesn’t cause allergic reactions or exacerbate pre-existing health conditions.