6 Warning Signs: Your Family Might Be Suffering from Mold Exposure

With Halloween fast approaching, there are many scary topics to discuss in the disaster restoration industry. One of these is the monster known as mold! Mold is a fungus that can grow both outdoors and indoors. While mold functions as a decomposer out in the soil (or on your wall!), mold exposure indoors can put your family’s health at a risk. Mold usually thrives in warm, damp, humid, and dark places and can be spotted through blackish brown patches on the walls and roof along with a strange odor. In this article blog, we will discuss the six warning signs that indicate mold infestation in your home. So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!

6 Signs Your Family Might Be Suffering from Mold Exposure

Mold exposure affects everyone in a different way. While some might experience severe symptoms when exposed for a long time, others might be normal around mold growth. It all ultimately depends on how strong your immune system is. Some common symptoms of mold exposure are as follows:

  1. Sore Throat: One of the most common causes of wheezing, coughing, and a sore throat is prolonged exposure to mold spores. The tiny mold particles can irritate your larynx which causes swelling and redness of the inner lining of your throat.
  2. Shortness of Breath: When in contact with mold growth, those who suffer from allergies can face difficulty in breathing. This can also result in triggering an asthma attack.
  3. Skin Irritation: Little do people know, excessive mold exposure can result in causing itchiness and redness of the skin. In addition to this, mold spores can also cause irritation to the inside skin of your nose which will start producing more mucus. As a result of this, you might be dealing with persistent coughing, sneezing, and a runny nose.
  4. Eye Irritation: The spores released by mold can get into your eyes and cause redness and irritation.
  5. Persistent Cold or Cough: If you are suffering from a cold or a pesky cough that doesn’t seem to go away, mold in your property is likely to be blamed. Prolonged mold exposure can exacerbate illnesses such as pneumonia and recurring bronchitis.
  6. Asthma or Allergy Flare-Ups: Have you recently started experiencing an increase in your allergy or asthma symptoms? If yes, there’s a high chance that mold is residing between the walls of your property. There are certain species of mold that produce “mycotoxin,” a harmful substance that can trigger respiratory issues. So, in case you have noticed your family members frequently coughing, sneezing, or feeling fatigued, book an emergency mold inspection appointment right away.

Why Opt for Professional Mold Damage Restoration Services?

If left untreated, mold exposure can not only destroy quality of life but also weaken the foundation of your beloved home. Hiring professional mold damage restoration services saves you from all the hassle and eliminates mold spores from your property for good. With extensive knowledge and experience on their hands, the team of professionals at STOP Restoration of Spokane uses industry-grade equipment and techniques to restore your home into its safe and healthy state once again. Contact us or visit our website today!