When it comes to biohazard decontamination or cleanup of your property, it’s important to understand the sensitivity of the situation and the tools and procedures you need to get the job done right. Whether you are dealing with blood, hoarding, drug labs, or rodents, every situation requires a different biohazard cleanup approach. Therefore, it is advised not to do it on your own. Instead, hire a trusted and reliable professional biohazard cleanup company for the job. Here is everything you need to know about professional biohazard cleanup.
What Is Biohazard Cleanup?
Cleaning the aftermath left behind by a traumatic accident, hazardous or pest contamination, or death, is known as a biohazard cleanup. These sites can be full of pathogens like hantavirus and hepatitis, which is precisely why an experienced and knowledgeable team from a professional biohazard cleanup company should be hired to do the job.
When Should I Hire a Professional Biohazard Cleanup Company?
So, when exactly does one require a biohazard cleanup? Here are some common situations that should only be dealt with by a professional biohazard cleanup company:
- Meth Lab: Methamphetamine is an illegal drug made using volatile chemicals. The presence of these hazardous compounds can make a living space toxic. Therefore, it should only be cleaned by a professional biohazard cleanup company as the reaction to these chemicals can be fatal.
- Rotten Food: Power outages can leave perishable food to rot, spreading a strange odor and contaminants all around your property.
- Animal Infestation: If an animal’s feces, carcasses, or other biological waste accumulates in a specific area of your property, it can harbor hazardous microorganisms that pose a serious health threat to you and your family.
- Hoarding: It is a psychological disorder that causes an individual to collect things regardless of their value or condition. These can include food, paper, and even animals. Piles of debris and trash can harbor pests, bacteria, and mold, destroying your quality of life.
- Injury or Death: Suicide, murder, injuries, criminal activity, and accidents don’t only leave behind blood but life-taking biohazardous waste also. Hence, hiring professional biohazard cleanup services is advised to get the job done.
Why Should You Hire a Professional Biohazard Cleanup Company?
While cleaning up a biohazard-infected situation is something you can possibly do yourself, it should only be cleaned by a professional biohazard cleanup company. Here’s why you should hire a trained and licensed professional biohazard cleanup company for the task:
- Exposure to Biohazard Can Cause Illness
Did you know that pathogens living in bodily fluids, feces, and blood can survive for weeks, especially if the environment and temperature are conducive to their survival? If not handled with care, a biohazard cleanup can transmit diseases like Hepatitis A, B, or C and AIDS/HIV.
- Biohazard Cleanup Isn’t for the Faint of Heart
The smell and sight of a biohazard zone can be overwhelming. Therefore, only an experienced crew who has managed and seen these situations before can safely clean the property while respecting the emotions of the loved ones.
- The Professional Biohazard Cleanup Company Knows How to Spot Property Damage
Because of the risks associated with biohazard cleanup, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) has established several compliance regulations. A professional biohazard cleanup company will abide by these rules and will use special equipment and techniques to make your property contamination free.
Reach Out to Professional Biohazard Cleanup Services
Are you dealing with a hoarding situation, chemical spill, crime scene, sewage backup, or any situation that might require professional biohazard cleanup services? Contact the team of STOP Restoration of Spokane right away!