Mold Removal in Bakersfield
Highly-Effective Mold Remediation Services
When it comes to a mold infestation, you do not want to mess around. To address the seriousness of the problem the right way, you need a team of restoration professionals you can trust.
STOP Restoration Bakersfield provides mold remediation services for homes and commercial buildings in Bakersfield, CA.
Causes of Mold Growth
Understanding the sources of mold growth is key to fully resolving the problem and preventing it from happening again in the future. As we evaluate your particular situation, we will equip you with the knowledge you need to protect your property from future problems.
- High humidity: The local climate can sometimes contribute to this problem. In Bakersfield and most of Southern California, humidity remains fairly low year round so this will likely not be the primary cause.
- Insufficient ventilation: While outdoor humidity may not contribute to mold growth in Bakersfield, indoor humidity from daily water use can still be a cause. If your bathroom, kitchen, or washroom do not have good ventilation, moisture buildup in these areas can contribute to mold growth.
- Plumbing problems: Leaky pipes and plumbing issues tend to be one of the most common sources of mold. Pipes that are not clearly visible behind the ceiling, walls, or floor can create high moisture conditions that go unnoticed long enough for major mold growth to occur.
- Flooding & water damage: Mold damage is a common follow-up to water damage. If your water damage restoration was not performed correctly, you can rest assured that mold is already growing inside your home.
- Poor foundation drainage: If your property has poor drainage but does not have an effective drain system, rainwater can collect around your home's foundation and begin contributing to mold growth from the bottom up.
Reach out to our mold remediation team in Bakersfield by calling (661) 475-6522 or through an online form.
Dangers of Failing to Address a Mold Problem
Mold growth in a home can have major negative health impacts if it is not addressed. We have highlighted some of the health issues that can arise in order to demonstrate the necessity of getting professional help.
- Allergy Problems: Mold can produce severe allergic reactions in people with general allergy sensitivities as well as in people with specific sensitivities to mold. It can lead to coughing, sneezing rashes, and shortness of breath.
- Irritant Effects: Breathing in mold can cause nasal irritation, eye irritation, and itchy throat.
- Infection: Fungal infection will usually affect the lungs and respiratory system.
- Toxic Effects: Dangerous forms of mold produce mycotoxins. There are many known dangers to eating mold that is producing mycotoxins. Whether inhaling mold releasing mycotoxins is equally dangerous is not well understood.
This state government site describes mold problems in more detail.
Reach us anytime at (661) 475-6522.