Water damage can ruin a home or business. Whether the damage is caused by a category 4 hurricane or a burst pipe, it is vital to employ an experienced team's services to guarantee the damage is fixed correctly.
When you hire a water damage restoration professional, you give yourself the peace of mind of knowing every nook and cranny is thoroughly dried out and nothing has been overlooked.
Why Do I Need Water Damage Restoration Services?
Water damage, if left unchecked, can lead to all sorts of problems. These include:
- Mold and mildew growth
- Structural damage to your home or business
- Damage to your belongings
- Spread of disease
- Challenging and costly cleanup process
What are the Steps for Water Damage Restoration?
The steps depend on the extent of the damage. However, the process typically includes the following:
- Assessment and Documentation - Assessing the water damage is the first step in creating a detailed plan of action. This is important for insurance purposes as this determines if the owner can be reimbursed.
- Water Removal – Next, any stagnant and lingering water must be removed. This is done with powerful pumps and industrial-strength vacuums.
- Drying and Dehumidification - Once all the water is removed, the drying and dehumidification process begins. This is done using high-powered fans and industrial dehumidifiers, which remove moisture from the air and porous surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing – Once the location has been dried out, the next step is to clean and sanitize all the affected areas and belongings. Water damage is the leading cause of mold and mildew. Cleaning the areas thoroughly stops mold from growing.
- Repairs and Restoration - The last step is to repair and restore the affected areas to their pre-damaged state. This typically includes painting, drywall repair, and carpet installation.
What to Avoid When Water Damage Happens
- Do not try to remove the water yourself, as this can lead to additional damage and injuries.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove water, as this can cause an electric shock.
- Do not turn on any electrical appliances, which could lead to an electrical fire.
- Do not use your TV, as this could damage them beyond repair.
- Do not try to remove any mold or mildew, as this could cause spores to spread.
Leave it to the Professionals
Our professional team works quickly to assess the damage and develop a plan to get the property back to normal. Some of the steps we take include the following:
- Removing water and mold
- Packing up and storing your belongings for safekeeping and insurance purposes
- Drying and dehumidifying
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Replacing damaged flooring, roofs, drywall, and other structural elements
- Working with your insurance company throughout the process
At STOP Restoration of Fort Mill, SC, we are available 24/7 to help you with water damage restoration needs. Contact us today for a free consultation.