The Consequences of Living with Mold Growth in Your Home

Our home is our happy place. It is that one place we consider to be the safest among all others. It is also the place we enter after a long stressful day at work looking for comfort.

But have you ever wondered what happens when the place where we spend the most time becomes harmful to our health? Where do we go from there?

Mold growth is one such problem that will ruin the condition of your home quickly and turn it into an unsafe place for you. Once the spores of mold enter your home and find suitable conditions to grow, it will spread quickly.  This is why so many people are terrified of mold growth as it is a monster that destroys your home from within.

The Consequences of Mold Growth

Many people are concerned about mold growth because they think it is something that will destroy the aesthetic appeal of their home. Nobody has the time to deal with those ugly marks!

 What they don’t know is mold growth comes with far more dangerous effects. Have a look at a few”

Mold Can Create an Unpleasant Smell in Your Home

Mold doesn’t only leave horrible stains in your home but it also pollutes the air. This polluted air from the fungus will constantly make your home smell musty and unpleasant.  

Mold Can Cause Watery Itchy Eyes

Another aftermath of mold growth in your home is the irritation it will cause in your eyes.  As the mold spreads in your house it will release toxins in the air which will make your eyes red and watery. This is bound to happen especially if you are in your home for longer periods of time.

Mold Leads to Breathing Problems

Another dangerous consequence of mold growth is that it causes problems in breathing. As this fungus releases toxins into the air you breathe, you may start coughing or experience a shortness of breath. It can also aggravate an asthma attack in people who have a medical history of having asthma.  

Mold Growth Can Be the Reason behind Constant Headaches

There are high chances of you experiencing constant headaches if you have mold growth in your home. This is a sign your body gives to alert you about the bacteria you are inhaling.

The Bottom Line

Overall, mold growth comes with many damaging effects. The severity of the resultant allergic reaction can be different from person to person as it depends on the individual’s sensitivity to toxic environment. All of the consequences discussed above prove that mold growth isn’t something you should delay treating.

If you’re looking for a company that can help you put an end to your misery of mold growth then we suggest you contact STOP Restoration. They provide quality services in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, Cheney, Airway Heights, and Deer Park. Safeguard your health and call on (509) 818-7744 today to make an appointment!