Fires can occur when we least expect them. You and everyone in your office should be properly informed on how to act if a fire breaks out. At S.T.O.P. Restoration, we’re more than a top-rated restoration company in Albuquerque. Our mission is to offer preventative measures to help our community stay safe at all times. That’s why today we are happy to offer tips on how to deal with fires in the office. These helpful tips can keep you, your colleagues, everyone in the building safe in case a fire breaks out. Check them out and see which tips you can start implementing today!
- Fire Drills: Every office should implement an annual fire drill to remind employees of escape routes, emergency exits, and proper fire extinguishers use.
- Flammable Materials: Storing flammable materials in safe and secure containers can reduce fire hazards significantly. Make sure to keep these chemicals away from heat sources and store them properly.
- Fire and Smoke Alarms: Regularly test fire alarms and detectors to make sure they work properly. These tools allow for fast response and can save lives.
- Smoking: Designate a smoking area outside of the building that is away from dry bushes or trees. Also, educate employees that smoking inside increases the chances of a fire breaking out.
- Pull The Alarm: If you see a fire breakout, don’t hesitate to pull the fire alarm. The quicker first responders can get to the scene, the better.
- Call 911: Once you’ve pulled the fire alarm, call 911 immediately. Stay on the phone with them until they have stated otherwise. The trained professional on the phone will guide you on what steps to take next.
- Don’t Use The Elevator: During a fire utilize emergency exits and escape routes to exit the building. Using an elevator puts you at high risk of getting stranded inside the burning building.
- Stay Outside: Once you’ve reached a safe place outside, don’t move from that spot. Let the professionals do their job in putting out the flames.
Being prepared in case of an emergency goes a long way. It can limit the amount of damage your building experience, but most importantly it can save lives. That’s why at S.T.O.P Restoration, we’re committed to providing you with helpful tips that you can implement into your everyday working environment. We want you and the rest of our community to feel safe and secure at all times. We encourage you to take action and implement these tips in your office. You’ll feel safer and so will your peers. If you do happen to experience fire damages, remember that the S.T.O.P. Restoration is here to help. For all your fire restoration services, call us today at (505) 892-3112.