No one wants to or should work a job they genuinely do not like. At Service Team of Professionals — the nation’s trusted name in water damage restoration franchise opportunities — we are proud to say we have taken the time to ensure all of our team members can love their careers. Our corporate team provides consistent support to franchise owners, who in turn go out of their way to make certain their own team members are comfortable and satisfied with how they make a living. Together, we create real passion and drive throughout our franchise company.
If you want to love your profession as much as we do, remember these tips:
- Find reasons to dream: Being stuck in a nightmare job happens when you are complacent with the situation and list reasons to stay. To get the dream job you want and deserve, you have to start listing reasons to leave.
- Set aside time: Dream careers do not happen on their own or overnight. Make certain you have free time each day, week, or month to start placing the stepping stones needed to move on.
- Turn passion into profit: Not every dream career is guaranteed to be profitable. With creativity and renewed vision, though, you can find ways to achieve both financial stability and professional passion.
- Remember realism: Before you dive in or get too far ahead, remember that your dream career is still a job. It will take even more hard work and dedication than the job you are thinking about leaving.
- Get support: There are going to be tricks and troubles on the road ahead. Make certain you have a supportive net of both friends and professionals when you need it the most. This is one way STOP stands out from most other franchise opportunities — we really go above and beyond to support our franchisees and set them up for success.
- Aspire: Not only do you need support, but you need to pick a mentor or mentors. Aspiring for greatness achieved by another can keep your fire burning. They can also share industry secrets and the like with you.
- Stay centered: Plenty of people around you might intentionally or inadvertently distract you from your goal of loving how you make a living. Keep your focus on why you are doing this for yourself.
- Get going: The longer you take to change careers, the less likely you are to ever do it.
- Build deliberately: Racing into your dream career is exciting, but not always the best choice. Build your first steps into your new job carefully. There is no shame in taking a little time to make certain you know what you are doing.
- Educate: Interested in learning more about your newfound passion? See if there are any classes, courses, or books about it. For example, if you want to become a franchise owner with STOP, you might benefit from first learning what it means to be a franchising entrepreneur or business owner.
- Be humble: Many people starting a new dream career feel embarrassed or guilty for leaving their previous career when it was “going fine.” Set your pride aside, remember that you are just beginning, and stay humble as you build your dream job from the ground up.
- Validate your experience: The toughest opposition along your journey might be your own self-doubt. Find ways to validate your new journey, like getting business cards with your new title as a franchise owner. Small victories add validation and keep your wheels turning.
- Stay calm: When everything is said and done, there will be a lot on your plate when you start down the path to your dream career. Do your best to be calm and patient — and remember all the other tips we just shared.
Are you thinking that being part of the STOP franchise family is exactly the dream career you have been dreaming about? Find out why so many others have found a way to love how they make a living after becoming a franchise owner by contacting our corporate team today. As the leading name in nationwide water damage restoration franchise opportunities, you can count on us to provide the support and guidance you need as a new franchise owner on this exciting journey. Call (844) 422-4425 now.
Service-based, locally owned franchises have competitive benefits that many other businesses simply do not have. As an owner, you’re able to be your own boss, ...Read More