It is the beginning of another week and we are one step closer to the warm summer weather! Here at STOP Restoration, we love the summertime and think it is one of the best times of the year to take a much needed vacation and enjoy some time with your loved ones. Whether you are staying close to home or are going to a destination a little bit further away, we know that you are going there to fully relax and make the most out of your vacation.
However, have you ever thought about the possibility that you could be coming home to disaster? Just a simple leak can cause a whole lot of trouble when you are going away for a while. Trust us, the last thing that you want to come home to after a much needed vacation is damages, and here at STOP Restoration, we want to make sure that you avoid these situations at all times. So, that is why we came up with a quick leaving-home checklist so that you can be better prepared for the worst-case scenario;
- Make sure you unplug all electronics, so that no fire is able to ruin your home and valuables while you are gone.
- Ensure that your home is damage-free, so that it can survive a tough summer storm.
- Turn off your lights or put them on a timer.
- Set your AC and heating system.
- If you are going away for longer than a week, turn off your water to prevent floods and leaks.
Do not hesitate to call the professionals at STOP Restoration at (505) 892-3112! We’ll take the stress out of the situation and will help you as much as we possibly can.