We know that it can be a scary experience if you have a water loss in your home. Thankfully, if you catch it in time, there are some precautions you can take to mitigate the damage to your home and belongings.
What you should do as a property owner after you notice a water loss:
- Turn off your home’s water supply. If you know where the leak is coming from, you can shut off the valve closest to that fixture, if not, it’s best to shut off the water supply to the entire house. If you don’t know where that is, you can shut it off at the street (or turn your well off if you have a well).
- Call Service Team of Winston Salem. The faster we can get to your property and perform water cleanup services, the less likely it is that your home will experience any severe water damage or mold development.
- If the water is clean and not from a sewage backup, you can also:
- Prevent the spread of water into other areas of your home. You can do this by creating towel dams, opening a drain or by pushing water out of your homes doors.
- Get your furniture and other belongings out of sitting water. Put the legs of your furniture up on plastic tarp or some other impermeable material that won’t absorb water.
- Remove as much water as possible with either a shop vac or mop and bucket. The more water you can get out, the better!
Service Team of Winston Salem, NC knows that in the case of a water leak or backup, a fast response will reduce water damage and mitigate future costs. We use professional grade fans and dehumidifiers to quickly and thoroughly dry your home or business. In some cases, we may have to perform water damage restoration if water has been sitting in your property for an extended period of time. Our goal is to have your home back in its original condition in the quickest time possible and that starts with mitigation.
If you or someone you know in the Winston Salem area experiences water damage in their home and is need of clean up or mitigation services, call the experts at Service Team at the first sign of a problem. We are available for emergency service and can be reached 24/7 at (336) 829-5345.
Lately, the summer thunderstorms and rain showers have brought heavier than normal amounts of precipitation to our region. These rains have caused many homes in ...Read More
A lot of people wonder this and are really hesitant about filing a claim because of the uncertainty or may be over zealous about filing for things that are ...Read More