Whenever an owner has experienced a loss on their property there are several variables to consider. If it is a fire loss, our team is typically not permitted onsite until it is deemed safe by the fire department. When there has been a water loss, we are focused on getting the standing water up, to mitigate the damage as much as possible. In any case there are typically some contents inside or around the property that could have been damaged by the loss. As you can see in the image, even a tree falling can lead to a pack out project. Our team is always prepared to step in and help restore and protect your personal belongings after a loss.
The STOP brand has more than 4 decades of contents restoration, we have developed tried and true processes to ensure that your valuables are in good hands. We tailor our services to the specific needs of our customers. Using specialized tools and products to get the job done right the first time. We can assess the damage to your belongings in the affected areas and determine whether they can be salvaged or restored to their pre-loss condition. When assessing the damages to your property our technicians also consider replacement cost value, sentimental value and antique value. We understand that some things are just not replaceable so we do all that we can to try to restore whatever we can.
So what exactly do we do with your contents when we are called out to a loss?
- Carefully remove the debris – after the area is secure, our team goes into the affected areas and removes debris like insulation or drywall in order to better access your belongings.
- Asses what items can be restored and what items will need to be replaced – this is where photos come in handy. Our technicians can take photos to show how your contents were affected in the loss.
- Remove what contents can be restored and bring them back to our facility – in some cases we recommend our customers get some type of storage unit to hold any of their unaffected contents.
- Special care with electronics – we recommend a trusted electronic restoration company that can help in this department.
- Cleaning and Deodorization – while the structure is drying, we will work to restore your contents either onsite or back at our facility. We use a variety of different methods to deodorize and clean the affected materials.
- If needed, we can even store your personal items at our facility until repairs are completed.