‘Tis the Season to Stay Safe

The holiday season is meant to be spent with those we love, not dealing with illness or injuries. Below are ideas to help you stay safe at home and in the workplace.

  • Reduce fire risks

Cooking fires are the number one cause of household fires. But improperly powered decorative lights cause 40 percent of Christmas tree fires in homes and businesses. Don’t overload an outlet, and don’t daisy-chain extension cords. Always check the wattage information on electrical lights, devices, decorations and more.

  • Water and electricity don’t mix

This may seem obvious, but it can be difficult to tell whether flooded water is charged from downed power lines or even damaged wiring within your home. If in doubt, kill the main power. If unsure you can reach it safely, call an electrician.

  • Be cautious if you discover mold

Some molds are potentially toxic, and all molds are bad for you and others to breathe. It’s best to get professional restoration help when mitigating mold so it won’t spread or contaminate your home or workplace.

It can be tempting to try to DIY a quick fix on issues like the ones listed above. However, the risks are not worth it. You might end up having to redo incorrect work, fix further damage caused, or even deal with resulting injuries or illnesses. Call or visit online to get help from the skilled teams at the locally owned and operated STOP Restoration nearest you. Don’t let a property disaster threaten your plans to make holiday memories.

888-970-7867 (888-970-STOP) https://www.stoprestoration.com/locations/