Where there is a carpet, there are bound to be stains and usually, they lead to unwanted odors. If you are looking for natural ways to deodorize your carpet, then you have come to the right place.
It just so happens, even when the stain has been cleaned, the smell remains. Here’s what we suggest: instead of making the stain bigger and causing more unappealing damage, call for professional carpet drying services. Such services offer the following benefits:
- Eliminate trapped pollutants
- Save energy and time
- Remove stubborn marks and stains
- Improve air quality
- Use industry-leading equipment and vacuums
- Deodorize your carpets
After the cleanup, if you still feel like the smell hasn’t gone away, then try out these DIY remedies:
You already know about the baking soda remedy, so let’s start with something else.
Essential Oil Cleaner
Homemade cleaners have many chemicals in them and they let loose a funky smell after a few days. Why waste your money on such cleaners when you can make one easily at home? To give your carpet a refreshing smell, use citrusy scents in essential oils such as lime, lemon and orange.
Here’s what you need to do:
- In a spray bottle, add ten drops of each essential oil
- Add in a cup of water
- Spray all over the carpet and avoid walking on it until it has dried
Pet Smell Cleaner
If you have a cat or dog, then you know the struggle behind cleaning up after them is real! They have no boundaries and even when they are perfectly trained, that occasional urine incident leaves you shaking your head.
The smell of cat pee is beyond nasty. Here’s how to deodorize the carpet after you have cleaned the mess:
- In a bowl, add one cup of dried, crushed herbs
- Add in one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, ground cloves and baking soda
- Sprinkle the mixture over the carpet and let it sit for a couple of hours
- Vacuum the carpet and spray the essential oil solution
Minty Fresh Deodorizer
If you have guests coming over and there’s no time to do extensive carpet cleaning to get rid of the musty odor, this DIY solution will do the trick in a couple of minutes. The best thing about this solution is that the mint smell cuts off the nasty odor immediately. It even helps with your headache.
Here’s what you need to do:
- In a spray bottle, pour in one cup of water
- Add in 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and 15 drops of spearmint essential oil
- Spray over the carpet and all around the room
If you find the smell of a particular essential oil appealing, you can add that to the solution too.
So, there you go – DIY solutions that will help you deodorize your carpet.As for the carpet drying services, call S.T.O.P. The company offers all types of cleaning and restoration services in Sky Canyon, Centennial Hills, Paradise, Las Vegas Strip and more. They use special equipment that not only preserves the quality of the carpet but also gives it a brand new look. To know more about their services, call at 702-803-3094.
Water damage should never be taken lightly. When water accumulates in your home, it can not only harm your personal belongings but also affect your health. Here ...Read More