Do you want to prevent fire damage in your home? Here are a few safety and preventive tips that you can adopt!
For the danger and hazard they cause, fire accidents are far too common inside homes. In most cases, fire outbreaks are caused due to malfunctioning electrical appliances or kitchen activities. Sometimes only a couple of minutes of neglect can lead to serious fire accidents that put people inside a property at risk.
Therefore, it is essential to take as many preventive measures as possible to make your homes and workplaces safe. These measures include keeping the place clean, maintaining all electrical appliances, and knowing how to deal with a fire accident.
Keep reading as we list down important preventive tips that you need to adopt for fire safety!
- Install and Maintain Fire and Smoke Alarms
Installing highly efficient fire alarms and maintaining them properly is essential to prevent and control any fire accidents. Make sure you check the alarms regularly to ensure that they are still working. It’s also essential to keep functioning fire extinguishers at different accessible points.
- Fire Evacuation Drills
Whether at home or a workplace, it’s important that the occupants of a space are aware of the fire evacuation procedure. Make sure everyone is well-versed in emergency exits, use of fire extinguishers, and other fire safety measures.
- Keep Inflammable Items Away from Fire
When you’re using a fireplace, burner, or stove, always keep inflammable items away such as paper, wooden furniture, and fabric items, etc.
- Unplug All Electrical Appliances
Keep all the electrical appliances unplugged when you’re not using them. Simply turning off the switch isn’t enough; you also need to make sure that they are completely unplugged. When they are left plugged in, they continue drawing electricity, which leads to overheating and fire outbreaks in the wirings.
- Never Leave Kitchen Unattended
Make sure that you never leave your kitchen unattended while cooking. This precaution is even more important when you’re cooking with oil or grease.
- Take Precautions While Lighting a Fireplace
Always be extra careful while lighting a fireplace, gas stove, or burner. Always read the manufacturer's instructions for lighting up these appliances and follow them strictly.
Tips for Dealing with an Active Fire
- Remember three main rules: get out, stay out and call for help.
- Always use the stairs instead of an elevator when evacuating.
- Safety first! Do not take any possessions with yourself.
- If door handles are warm to the touch, never go through that route. Find an alternative way out.
- Always stay low and close to the ground while moving. Always close all the doors behind you.
- When you make it outside, call the local fire department or 911 IMMEDIATELY and give them all the information that they need.
If you property has recently been through a fire disaster, our team of specialists at STOP Restoration of Mesa will use their comprehensive training and resources to bring your property back to its pre-fire state. They service the Mesa, Gilbert, Tempe, and other Phoenix, AZ cities. #stopmesa #firedamage #emergencyfireservices
Are you looking for a professional fire safety and remediation company in Mesa, AZ? Call 480-418-4097 or visit our website now!