If you are noticing signs of mold growth in your home, our mold remediation professionals can help safely eliminate the problem with state-of-the-industry methods and products.
In the event that you are not 100% confident about your mold problem, we can inspect for the presence of mold at no cost. Our experts will evaluate your situation and help you understand the nature of your problem and the process for addressing it.
For prompt and efficient mold abatement in Port St. Lucie, call (772) 266-5428 or set up an appointment online.
Why Is There Mold In Your Home?
Warm and moist conditions are the environment in which mold can thrive. Excess moisture and/or humidity between 70% and 90% creates an ideal setting for mold growth.
Below are common situations that produce undesirable or unsafe moisture conditions.
A plumbing leak under the home is a double threat. The fast collection of water both attracts mold as it begins destroying your foundation.
Moisture can seep in through old shingles, holes in the structure, or even from poorly installed or broken gutters.
Rooms that produce moisture like bathrooms and kitchens should be well-ventilated and have working fans. Leaky air ducts can also cause moisture problems that produce mold.
Poor Drainage or Flood Prone Foundation
A home that does not have correct sloping around the foundation can be a cause of severe home damage from flooding. Installing drainage systems should be a priority.
Poorly Designed Crawlspace
This is just another way to phrase the same problem above. This kind of home has a flood prone foundation.
Broken Water Systems
Problems can develop from malfunctioning or improperly installed systems ranging from washing machines to yard irrigation. If these appliances are producing excess water, they can be a source of mold growth.
Myths About Mold
Here are a few myths about mold that lead people to mishandle a mold situation in their home. We always recommend contacting an expert if you see signs of mold.
- You Can Tell Toxicity By Color: This is not true. Mold comes in a variety of colors. Just because mold happens to be black, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is or is not toxic. In the same way, if mold is another shade of the rainbow (besides black), this does not make it safe.
- Toxic Molds Are Common: Realistically, toxic forms of mold are rare. Common varieties of mold are much more likely to cause allergic reactions. Long term mold exposure, a compromised immune system, or preexisting respiratory problems can compound the effects of a mold allergy.
- Mold Only Grows in Warm Environments: This is not true. All mold needs is food and water. Anyone familiar with what happens to food in the fridge is aware of this.
Our Mold Remediation Process in Port St. Lucie
When our mold removal team arrives to inspect your property, they will walk you through the steps needed to eliminate the problem. To ensure the safest and most effective outcome, our team uses EPA-registered sanitizers as well as effective tools like HEPA air scrubbers.
Steps for removing mold include:
- Ensuring containment of the affected area
- Monitoring airflow to determine spread of mold
- Locating source of moisture
- Eliminating future moisture problems
- Eradicating mold and mold spores
- Killing mold with biocides and sanitizers
- Disinfecting walls, carpet, and surfaces
- Encapsulating the remaining mold
- Cleaning, salvaging, or disposing of moldy objects and materials
Our team is dedicating to providing a superior customer experience by arriving on time, working cleanly and efficiently, and delivering superior end results.
Get in touch by calling our Port St. Lucie mold removal company at (772) 266-5428 today!