Mold damage can be extremely harmful for your health and the structural quality of your Wichita, Kansas home. Due to the fact that mold develops and spreads quickly, in as little as 24 to 48 hours after moisture or water damage, you need to identify the early signs of mold in order to fix it properly.
Minor Visible Signs of Mold
Mold can have visible signs even in the early stages. Any leaks, seepage or unnecessary moisture in an area can start to develop mold in small quantities. Often times, you can smell the presence of mold. There is a pronounced, musty aroma given off by mold that can be used to detect its presence in any environment. By the time you can visibly see mold in large areas, it is often too late, which is why you need to the catch the early signs of mold.
Allergic Reactions to Mold
Mold spores are often released in the air, which means a person is bound to inhale them. This has been linked with triggering allergies, respiratory complications and more. If you have mold at home, you can experience:
- Congestion in the sinuses
- Watery eyes, burning, redness and other irritations in the eyes
- Dry coughing, throat and nose irritations that can cause nose bleeds or sneezing fits
Another major sign of a mold infestation is if these allergic reactions are triggered specifically when you are at home. If leaving the house is making the symptoms go away, you might have mold at home and need to get your house examined.
Signs of Toxicity
Black and green mold, StachybotrysAtra, is a type of mold that produces toxins. Prolonged exposure to it can have adverse reactions. There are a total of 16 different types of mold, belonging to this family, that are can be harmful to human health. It has been linked to causing the following health complications:
- Nasal stuffiness
- Skin irritations, rashes and redness
- Fever and shortness of breath
If there is no noticeable cause for these conditions to flare up, you may want to consider getting your house examined for signs of mold. “Toxic” mold doesn’t have to be visible to affect a person.
Sometimes, exposure and inhalation of mold spores can cause infections in the lung, skin, sinuses and the digestive system as well. Mold spores that are known to do this include the following types:
- Aspergillus fumigatus
Children, pregnant women, elderly and those with immune suppression or underlying lung disease are more susceptible to fungal infections. People with allergies may also be more sensitive to molds. In serious cases, mold spores are known to cause death as well. If you or others around Wichita, KS are suffering from symptoms relating to mold damage, don’t let the situation escalate. Call over the professionals and get rid of the mold hiding in your house. You can give us a call today at(316) 227-1698. Holding an IICRC certification, our team of experts can correctly evaluate and remove the mold in your house.
It’s that time of year again where Spring brings showers and showers can often bring intrusive water to our homes. When your home is experiencing flooding or ...Read More